Thursday 23 October 2008

One of those 24s

I rediscovered these verses of poetry that I first wrote when I left Scotland in 2001. I like it but I need to develop some more verses. Any ideas?

One of those 24s

It's been one of those 24s,
You know the ones I mean.
Everyone wants a piece of you,
A man they've never seen.

It started with the ex,
With a letter from the Tax.
"You owe us lots of money", they say,
"We're coming round with sacks".

More verses here....

Last verse....
Jack Bauer thinks he's got it bad,
With all his trouble and strife.
Next time you've got a spare 24 Jack,
Come round and swap me your life.


Jack Bauer is the fictional character played by Kiefer Sutherland in the TV drama series: 24.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like this idea a lot John. Funny how a day can be broken into 24 separate parts, and also how very quickly it goes. Love the poem. Want to see more.