Monday 13 October 2008

Music is my first love

Thankyou Elbow and Radiohead. Your music makes me a happy, emotional wreck of a man. I'm driving back from a great weekend of mountainbiking in Wales with some nice new friends; it's a beautiful, sunny Autumnal evening. Then on comes One Day Like This on the iPod. I turn up the volume and I'm singing in my loudest voice "So throw those curtains wide, one day like this a year would see me right". Then there's tears streaming down my face because the lyrics are so apt and the song is so wonderful. I saw them on tv singing the same song as the sun set over Glastonbury. It looked amazing and I'm sure people there were feeling the same as me driving down the M4 unable to see where I'm going because of the tears. Then that finishes and what comes on next? Only Radiohead singing Weird Fishes from In Rainbows which is just a beautiful song. I think that's my yearly blubb out of the way.

To me music is so powerful and people who don't listen to music are missing out on something so life enriching it defies me.

No comments: