Sunday 31 May 2009

It's a Hard Pill to Swallow


It's difficult for me to look at the Chelsea millionaire players in this picture and not feel bitter about the result yesterday. I'm sure every neutral football fan in the country was rooting for my relatively poor team to show them up for being such spoilt, rich, cheating twats. Sorry Mum, football still brings the worst out in me.

I was hoping Phil Neville would knock seven buckets of shit out of Didier Drogba for being the worst culprit but he's too much of a nice guy although he did get stuck in and played for the shirt. Where is Peter Reid when you need him?

Alas it wasn't our day and our history of not beating Chelsea in 9 years continues. At least we did achieve one record on the day and that was the quickest goal ever to be scored in an FA Cup final. It was scored by Louis Saha in 25 seconds and what a goal it was too.

I couldn't bear watching Chelsea celebrate with the cup and stuck the Gears of War game in my Xbox and annihilated a whole squad of John Terry and Michael Ballack look-a-like aliens with my chainsaw rifle and frag grenades; the only thing more satisfying would have been if they were all wearing Chelsea shirts.

2 comments:

HD said...

I think Saha joined Everton for an undisclosed fee, and from someone living in the South West, all the teams seem to be full of over paid louts. I appreciate Evertons pay per game deal, but are they really that different from the other teams ?

ToffeeZebra said...

The game is flawed cos of all the big money. I know that but I can't do anything about my loyalty to the game and my team. My team is caught up in the whole sorry mess that is football but I can't help myself. Once a footie fan, always a footie fan. If one thinks about it too much, it makes no sense. I tend to leave the thinking to others. Also, I'm pretty sure the pay per game deal only applies to Saha, all the others are on normal contracts. Concentrate on the beauty and let the detail make a mess of itself is my philosophy.